We are a B2B company. What value does social media have for us?
It’s the glue that holds everything together
In B2B marketing, social media is most effective at achieving branding goals, such as influencing brand reputation and increasing brand awareness. It’s also a very effective Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tactic for improving search-engine rankings and increasing website traffic.
of people say they use Facebook for professional purposes
of people talking about companies and brands on social media aren’t actively following those brands
times more likely that video will drive organic search results than plain text
Billion Visit Website links clicked in NYS in 2018
of content marketers use interactive content in lead generation efforts.
Using social media is the newest ingredient in the marketing mix, but where do you begin?
- Identify your prospects, customers and brand advocates and what social sites they are visiting.
- Discover what channels your customers are using—where are they most comfortable exploring, researching and conversing.
- Determine what online marketing channels your company should devote its resources. Then list them in order of priority (web, email, social sites, blog, video).
- Decide what social sites to devote your resources to and list them by priority. For example: LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, WordPress, YouTube, Twitter.
Create a plan
- Use your logo, name and tagline consistently across all channels.
- Create a tone (business or casual) for the different channels and maintain this with all entries. Your text, and how you present your company, should consistently reflect that tone.
- Review your marketing collateral to determine what communication pieces can be displayed on your chosen channels. Verify that your collateral reflects your company’s consistent look and feel.
- Choose social media sites that support the display of your marketing collateral and post them.
For example: Host consistent presentation material and data sheets on LinkedIn, Post projects to Instagram, Post video on company website and/or YouTube, Post graphics and headlines on Facebook, Send newsletters via email, Post announcements, industry information, tips, etc. on WordPress.
- Add a blog feature on your website. Why? As you become a news source for relevant information in your industry, the posts help to increase SEO and positions your company as experts. This generates more traffic to your site.
It’s important to be consistent. When using different channels, your different touch points require consistency. Brand awareness benefits greatly from repetition.